BOOKS

Leave a Comment


Today I thought I'd share with you a few books I've collected over the past couple of years that I think are worth a mention in the beauty and fashion blogging world. The first on the pile - Hello Gorgeous  is filled with pages plastered in vintage, American beauty adverts from the 40s, 50s and 60s. A great little book that deserves it's place on the beside table. The second may not be to everyone's liking but if you love history and beauty like I do, this is more than worth the money. Beauty and Cosmetics 1550-1950, Sarah Jane Downing goes over the many eras of beauty and society that feature throughout this time period. This offers fascinating snippets of information whilst incorporating beautiful paintings and images.
One I've had the longest and one that's been very well loved is The Fashion Book. A typical coffee table book but also a great one to dip in and out of just to take a look at some of the great photography and illustrations. I even have post-it's on my favourite ones (sad, I know). This one would make a lovely gift for a friend or yourself! Finally, 100 Years of Fashion Illustration. I absolutely love fashion illustration, the quirky, exaggerated features and bold colours are a feast for the eyes and this book won't disappoint. It features a very wide range of artists/designers and styles that will keep you happy for hours.

Please let me know if you have any recommendations of books I should take a look at! 
Thankyou for reading!

Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thankyou for taking the time to read my blog and comment, I really appreciate every single one and try and reply to all of them!